IF: Slither

zdepski's digital illustration of a clown juggling snakes
Hysssterics
Snake Juggler

Everybody loves a clown! NOT!

I was originally going to name this "Got Religion" or "Practical Faith", but I didn't want to offend anyone with deep felt snake-handling views.

I chose to start this with an old Lithograph boxtop as my background, then cloned regions as a paintbrush, to give the fills the dot pattern. I also ghosted my pencil line back a bit to get rid of the true black.

Not a big departure, but different than what the most recent work has been.

No letters about Appalachian faith, please. I know it's out there, I also know people get bitten.

ouch!

SketchbookPro and Photoshop with the Cintiq. Click to enlarge the Hysssterics!

Comments

Mr. Spoqui said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrBibleHead said…
Hey P{aul! This is so cool! I love the backgroung! Fantastic! When you were describing the process, I couldn't help but think there would be some reference to cloning and clowning. The whole package is fantastic! Nice break from your style.
New Beginnings said…
Solid work as always, very fresh spin on the topic, unexpected and unlike the rest.
k.h.whitaker said…
cool, I don't like clowns, snakes, or anything involving snakes that may bite, but this is a cool illustration
ada said…
great image! i love the colours, the textures the energy
emilayusof said…
wow! that is awesome!
Denise SCARAMAI said…
... and the result was awesome!
so good!
Jeff G said…
Nice! Your Ernest Borgnine/Spongebob portait cracks me up too.

Popular Posts