IF: Equipment

Time for a Beating... Equipment: One Stick
Corporal Punishment Series

zdepski's digital illustration, Sniff the Stick


...I eventually got caught.
The "Ukrainian" would make me pick the stick from a barrel.
... added Torture,
SNIFF THE STICK
Like digging your own Grave.
I don't hit my kids.


I was beat for various reasons: smart mouth, breaking something, refusal to comply with a direct order... it always ended the same.

I had to pick my stick from a barrel in the basement woodshop. The sticks usually were American Black Walnut or Hickory stakes for the garden. I didn't understand the physics of Force to Area = Pain, which is why i continuously picked a thin stick in hope that it would hurt less...

it never hurt less... and always smelled like sawdust and mold.

Cintiq with Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop.
Click to enlarge the Psycho-Torture.

Comments

I can hardly catch my breath I'm laughing so hard! YOU ROCK and take the cake with this one! Great post!!
heidi aldin said…
Is this autobiographical? Aww! I really like the way you use color with the line drawing.
Anonymous said…
hahahah funny! great work
k.h.whitaker said…
Wow, that does sound like torture, nice work
MrBibleHead said…
Great one Paul. Sometimes a piece of wood is the only equipment needed. :o) Great colorizing and character design. Gotta love that sniffer!

Popular Posts