Elves and Flags

zdepski's photo of a huge mushroom
I was chasing an Elf, or possibly a Brownie through the lawn this morning, when he hung a quick right behind a mushroom... I stopped dead in my tracks and said "HOLY COW! Look at the size of that Mushroom!"

I didn't see where the elf went, but I picked the 'schroom and placed my car keys next to it for scale.

zdepski's photo of a his designs on banners in Winchester VA

I also was in Winchester VA last week, and took some photos of those banners designs in final form. The left is Elephant Tune, and right is Quartet. The Quartet piece is a later and more detailed version of the Ames Piano Quartet CD cover for the Czech Quartets, 2006 - a bit of re-hash, but I liked the image and thought I could spruce it up for the banner. Elephant Tune is a direct from sketchbook piece, similarly executed to my latest digital work.

Quote of the day:
If, after hearing my songs, just one human being is inspired to say something nasty to a friend, or perhaps to strike a loved one, it will all have been worth the while.

--Tom Lehrer


Click 'em to see'em

Comments

Chad Grohman said…
They look great Paul.
Chad Grohman said…
I saw the elf link. Was that a christmas card from elfyourself? I got one of my kids this year and it was way to funny. I tried saving it but they expire.

Popular Posts