Meth Mouth - A Slight Return

Zdepski's Illustration, Meth Mouth, 2014

You may have seen her at your local Walmart, or street corner. Meth Mouth has made a resurgence. I was approached by a doctor in France to include this image in an upcoming booklet for "Dental Health and Addictions" for high school age students in the city of Nancy.

I'm very proud to have it included, since it is one of the few positive things to come out of my experience with addicted friends. One friend was gunned down in a North Philadelphia heroin deal. Another lost her beautiful New Jersey home, storybook-marriage and sanity to Oxycontin. I hope my illustration will scare the crap out of some young kid thinking of dropping a pill on a weekend dare.

The good doctor saw this original sketch from 2008, but I've cleaned it up for its 2014 publication.

Addiction is a vampire with rotten teeth.

Comments

This is indeed scary; I think you did a great job with it! The sketchy style keeps it from getting too "real" but it goes far enough to say something.

Popular Posts