Deja-vu

Zdepski's portraits of Bad Doctors
Bad Doctors - Deja-vu
My sister died last year due to a life of poor decisions and practice of a long list of doctors in her life. She received some of the most severe treatments to science, including doses of drugs so strong they destroyed her kidneys.

I'm so sorry for her lot in life... I'm still trying to work it out on paper. I found photos of various Nazi doctors from the concentration camps, and drew their likeness in my scratchy style. I can't help but equate her treatment as a systematic brutalization. She died from her mistreatment.

Doctors Mengele, Brandt, Clauberg... the worst. The repetition of poor treatment on innocent beings - Deja-vu.

These photos are part of a larger project I'm working on dealing with the life of my sister.

Graphite on Strathmore, then Cintiq in Photoshop. Click the image to double the size.

Comments

I'm truly sorry. I know that drawing can be the best friend, especially in painful time. I hope that your project will help you pass through this very difficult moment.
LuTi said…
Very sad story......as Katarzyna mentioned hopefully your drawings will bring you some relief.
Indigene said…
I cannot begin to tell you the ways, of how I understand this! You are always poignant and right on point, in addition to being an amazing artist. Wishing you a remarkable 2011! Sending you hugs, dear one.
michele said…
Sadly, the "help" for the mentally ill often puts them in more danger than the illness alone. The subjects of your illustrated portraits seem to be hiding these dark secrets.
Peace to you...
Linda Hensley said…
Your drawings are well done, I just wish you didn't have the need to draw them in the first place. Peace and hugs!

Popular Posts