Hot Rod Betty

Zdepski's digital illustration of Betty Page on a Flatehead Ford motor
Betty's surfing a Tsunami with two Hot Dog Tiki gods.

I tried to model my technique on Gil Elvgren, but seemed to have a more wild subject than Gil usually executed. I used the Tiki god from the Brady Bunch episode with Vincent Price... NOT exactly, but the face and rounded hair bits are from that tiki necklace. The dude way in the back is from my earlier Short-board Tiki from July.

The Hot Rod masthead is correct, since they had switched from the deep maroon and cursive "magazine" to the block letters on hot red in 1952... PLUS Hawai'i was still a US Territory in '52, not becoming a state until Eisenhower signed the paper in 1959.

25 cents... wow.

Digital Illustration - Corel Painter 11, Adobe Photoshop CS2 and bits of Illustrator CS2

Click for the full effect.

Comments

Chad Grohman said…
Cool Paul. Makes me want to go to Hawaii.

Popular Posts