Squirrel on Squirrel

Zdepski's 1st version of Squirrel on Squirrel action
Zdepski's 2nd version of Squirrel on Squirrel action
Thanks to a bit of humor from good friend Dave Neff, I started these two zany squirrels on a unicycle. The unicycle had surfaced earlier in my sketchbook, with a whacky clown race... i don't think i published it here, but may add it to the bottom of this post in the near future. The unicycle has also made an appearance in "J is for Justin's Jolly Hijinx" illustration, soon to be in production.

Themes baby, themes.

I like both versions shown here... the static verticality of the first one is silly, considering the potential of the moment. I added speed, a tree and emotion to the second.

I can't wait to see what the watercolor will add! Click to seem them larger.

Comments

Popular Posts