New Years Day - Time with Friends

zdepski's sketches on new year's eve
I took my little moleskine sketchbook to a small new year's gathering at our friend's David and Alex's place. They had a pile of young kids running amok, getting into cookies and toys. We had a great time kicking back and pounding back fingerfood. David used the holiday as an excuse to dip into the obscure Belgian beer section of the local distributor - nice selection. The kids were having a great time with the traditional English "Crackers", pulling them apart and seeing what trinkets were inside. I ended up with one of the paper crowns on my bald head. I forgot my camera, so I was scrambling to sketch the kids as fast as I could. I really liked the space helmet that made the rounds. I bet each of the wearers will be coming down with the same virus in the next few days.... ugh.
so - Happy New Year to you all. God bless 2009 and all of your ventures and efforts. If you have a blog, or post somewhere, please tell me where. I want to hear what's new with you too.

Click the Pic to make it Bigger.
z

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy New Year to you, dear boy! Loved the story about your holiday...seems like you had a chance to unwind. The kid with the space helmet is divine. There is something there!! Talk to you (IM)>? Monday!
xoxo

Popular Posts