A Thanksgiving Tiffin


Thanksgiving is about a Sikh mechanic stepping in and saving my brother as his jack gave way whilst changing a tire in the pre-dawn darkness. The Sikh mechanic held the truck from tumbling down upon my squatting brother.

Thanksgiving is about a Sikh mechanic offering to cook my brother dinner, because there was "no need to thank him – it was God that saved my brother."

Thanksgiving is about a Tiffin, the traditional lunch pail filled with curried chicken and other good things from that Sikh mechanic’s kitchen.

Thanksgiving is my brother filling that same lunch pail with a full turkey dinner and assorted desserts – delivered to that Sikh mechanic working at the garage on Thanksgiving Day.

--- Be thankful for your immigrant neighbors. They’re good people.

Comments

Popular Posts