Power

zdepski's illustration of an obese monkey on a hercules bettle I've found a few inspiring pieces of reference for this week's Illustration Friday word. My son found a HUGE bug on our front porch this weekend: The Eastern Hercules Beetle, the largest beetle in the USA at a full 2 inches or more. The other piece of reference was finding a photo of those obese Osaka Zoo monkeys that were all over the net a couple of years ago... they crack me up. I merged the two pieces together into a prehistoric or other-worldly scene inspired by a classic Frank Frazetta pyramid layout. Power in the primordial soup... Digital Ink done in Corel Painter 11, Color is done in Photoshop CS6 on the Wacom Cintiq.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love this one! Very atmospheric, and the colors are wonderful.

Popular Posts