IF: Adrift


Ensign Parker has been cast off from Gilligan's Asteroid, stuck with the dingy, a rusty wrench and an inoperable impulse outboard.

lots of cussing and steaming up the head-gear.

Shout out to Star Trek: "NCC" and Gilligan's Island: "Minnow" and McHales Navy: "Ensign Parker"... TV seeps into all of my work, eventually. Another in my mono-chromatic space series - Illustration Friday, Hatch was of a similar style.

I was hoping to do this with my Cintiq, but the delivery still hasn't come. I did a pencil drawing, scanned it into Photoshop and got to work with my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet and pen.

Click to enlarge the frustration... (me with the delivery man)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh that´s bad, I feel for the poor astronaut! but great illustration.
sam said…
Great take on week three paul. reference to Gillagan's, fun. Where is that delivery man anyway! Hope it comes soon.
k.h.whitaker said…
nice work, and I loved Gilligan's Island
Indigene said…
That blue coupled with his expression, tells the whole story! Vivid narrative!
Loni Edwards said…
I love to see the various ideas that come up for Illustration Friday. This is one of my favorites for this week. Great idea! Lovely work!

Popular Posts