Soviet Playing Cards

Pining for the Cold War... Things were so much simpler then...
zdepski's Gymnast Soviet Hero for the Old Maid set

zdepski's Cosmonaut Soviet Hero for the Old Maid set


All things being equal in a true Communist state, all cards are of equal value: The Deuce of Spuds.

This idea came to me on Friday during lunch. Now it's a full-blown deck of 21 sets of Old Maid (Old Capitalist) cards. THESE ARE COMPS!!! I know my typography sucks. I need to really work on these. I'm still hashing out the colorizing, but you can see where it's going. The original image was a wax pencil drawing of a "Soviet Hero".



zdepski's base Soviet Hero for the Old Maid set

zdepski's Pencil Group of Soviet Heros for the Old Maid set


I've been developing a number of different games for the dogBabies, Tikis and just plain old fun... Punch-Buggy came from these brain storming sessions. These are part of my broader approach to marketing thrust and turn-key items for production.



zdepski's Soldier Soviet Hero for the Old Maid set

zdepski's Surgeon Soviet Hero for the Old Maid set


obsessed.

Comments

Popular Posts