RIP Mr. Oakley

zdepski's belgian shepherd, oakley
With deep, heart-wrenching sadness, I write about the passing of a long-time friend, Oakley the Belgian Shepherd. He has been a stalwart and sensitive companion to our family. He came to our home as a three-time loser... returned to the pound for various reasons a young large-breed dog causes trouble. From the day we met, he was in love with us, and we were with him.
zdepski's belgian shepherd, oakley

We had him in our lives for the last 10 years. He helped raise our son from infancy to Pokemon Master. He lay at the foot of my daughter's bed, guarding her from nightmares. He tried to sit in my lap, but only managed to fit his head.

zdepski's belgian shepherd, oakley

I hear my daughter weeping upstairs as I write this... a sad, sad time.

Tilly the terrier-beagle mix is looking for him all around the house.

We will miss you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a sweet face. It sounds like he was lucky to be adopted by your family and you were all lucky to have had him.
My condolence on the passing of such a dear friend.
Unknown said…
He was beautiful. So sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in having given him a wonderful home, and your love.

Popular Posts