IF: Mail

zdepski's illustration - Dear John
Dear John, I don't love you anymore... I fell in love with the Motorcycle Mongoloid. Didn't you get my letter? Your friend, Sue

This is my take on the word "Mail" which stems from the book of 1936 and Film Noir of 1946, "The Postman Always Rings Twice". There isn't an actual "Postman" in the movie, so I switched it around and had the troubled couple bumping off a postal carrier as he crossed the road... The written note in the background stems from the lyrics of one of my favorite bands, Weird War, headed by Ian Svenonius...

The point being, she wrote the breakup letter, but mows down the postman as he's delivering it. Double tragedy... The Postman Always Flips Twice.

Graphite and Cintiq with Adobe Photoshop
Click the pic to enlarge the Return Address...

Comments

michele said…
"Fall" La La La la! Great stuff! ;o)
Awesome zillustration. I love the back story. Happy holidays.
Deb

Popular Posts