Blue Fish

Blue Fish watercolor by Paul Zdepski

Blue Fish

This is a watercolor study I did last month while in Ocean City, NJ. The idea was to get back into painting with wet media, which is my 12 pan Lucas watercolor travel set in my Moleskine watercolor sketchbook. The experiment is very graphic, if not unrealistic, but the focus was on the media and its manipulation. I tried wet on wet, dry brush into wet, wet into damp fields, and high saturation color into washes. I spent a few hours just pecking at the painting with a tiny 00 gauge brush. Lots of time, but lots of fun. I like the results, and hope to explore this same theme with other subjects.

click to enlarge the image.

Comments

All the experiments look great together. I love the graphic look! It's really luminous and looks like stained glass or a glazing effect on glass. Cool!

Popular Posts