IF: Phenomenon

Overhead Kid, by Paul Zdepski
I swear - every red-eye flight... there is some bawling infant that the parent is toting up and down the isles, so everyone on the flight gets to suffer equally.

Flying Finster at Forty Thousand Feet Phenomenon... it never fails.

It's 3:30 AM, SHOVE THAT KID INTO THE OVERHEAD AND SHUT THE DOOR!

Dad is waving the kid over his head like one of the Sand People pumping his rifle in Star Wars... BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddd...

"Chewie, is that you?"

Comments

BEER said…
For my job I fly all over and you are right it never fails!!! Or my other favorite the little kid behind me kicking my chair or climbing over to look at me like I really want to have him in my face when I look up.
Anonymous said…
I totally understand your misery. On the other hand, I've BEEN the unfortunate mom whose kid was crying and it's really hard knowing 1) there's not much you can do sometimes to keep your kid from crying, and 2) that you are responsible for making so many people miserable because of a crying baby.

I am not the type of person to purposely impose on anyone; I am mostly a gentle, somewhat shy, quiet person, so it's extremely embarrassing and upsetting to have this happen. My only request is that you show some compassion to the parents... at least of the small children or babies whose actions you really can't help. Now, if they are older kids just misbehaving, that's a different matter entirely. I do understand your annoyance, though.

Popular Posts