IF: Worn

zdepski's watercolor of a well worn chair with child playing video game
Summertime's Here! That means long hours avoiding the outside world and zoning out in mom's favorite chair, wearing a major rut in the cushion where your lazy butt lands each day as your thumbs desperately try to get to Level 32...

"TURN THAT TV OFF!!!"

"Get outside and run around a bit! When I was your age, all my pants were green from the kneecaps down from sliding in the grass or flipping rocks in the creek..."

"Yeah, yeah... Just let me finish this level!"

Lucas watercolor on Strathmore sketch page, with graphite under-drawing. click to enlarge.

Comments

Artsnark said…
fun piece. wonder what gets worn out first the chair or the thumbs
Nicola said…
heheh great illustration, that reminds me of my son, who is playing x box as I type this. It is winter over here though so I'm trying not to feel too guilty!! Great pose and nice colours well done!
creatorme said…
Oh yeah ... that's my kid right there. I can relate! Great one!
Unknown said…
Absolutley brilliant perspective on the topic 'worn' its not just kids though my partner is currently sat playin xbox in much the same pose haha! wonderful work!
MrBibleHead said…
Perfect! the idea, the colors...and the artwok!
Indigene said…
Now isn't this the truth?! They act like vampires, staying in to play those games! I'm with you, get out and play, run and shout, before you really have to stay in...it's called work! Wonderful illustration, I love the energy, color and expression!
Charlotte Cheng said…
i want that chair! and the video game position is well known at my apartment lol.
valerie walsh said…
at first I wondered what you mean by level 32? Now I get it :) Very cool and beautifully done!

Popular Posts