G is for Gina: Watercolor studies

Zdepski's watercolor variation of G is for Gina
Zdepski's watercolor variation of G is for Gina
G is for Gina, Galloping through grass. These are watercolors I worked on this afternoon. I'm fighting the Bristol's inability to take a good wash without breaking up and forming fiber balls that look like lint stuck in the the watercolor. It's a real problem. I may resort to a thicker bristol, or perhaps a true hot press watercolor paper to get away from the break down. These two pieces are quite different, as you can see. The family consensus is that the first one is the better of the two. I did, however learn a few things in the second one, which is why it's posted.

Click on them to make them bigger.

Comments

Jane said…
Sweet little drawings.
Chad Grohman said…
I really like this series. Im always glad to see more. Ever try Strathmore double sided Illustration board? That stuff can take a severe beating.

Popular Posts